Learn more about "The Allergic Feline Patient." The session is divided into two parts:
- Predispositions and Risk Factors, Clinical Presentations, Diagnostic Tools and Methods: the nomenclature, clinical entities and diagnostic methods for feline atopic syndrome (FAS), feline atopic skin syndrome (FASS) and feline food allergy.
- Client Communication, Therapeutic Management: communicating the findings to cat owners and providing therapeutic approaches to enhance the quality of life for allergic feline patients.
AccessRecorded Webinars and Q&A Session
Study Time / CPD2 hours
Access Duration12 months
This course is part of an Online Program in Feline Medicine consisting of 5 modules. Learn at your own pace! The course materials are all recorded and you have access for 12 months starting with your registration.
IEVS Certificate of Knowledge in Feline Medicine
Meet the Instructor
Dr. Teresa Böhm
DVM, Diplomate ECVD, EBVS®️ European Specialist in Veterinary Dermatology
University of Munich, Germany
- 2007 – 2010 Nanjing International School for IB
- 10.2010 – 02.2016 Veterinary Studies LMU Munich
- 03.2016 – 08.2017 Doctoral of Prof. Ralf S. Mueller, at Small Animal Medicine Clinics, LMU
- 07.2017 – 07.2018 Internship at the Small Animal Medicine Clinic, Oberhaching, Munich
- 07.2018 – 07.2021 Residency Dermatology at Small Animal Medicine Clinics, LMU
- 08.2021 Dipl. ECVD, EBVS®️ European Specialist in Veterinary Dermatology
Book the Package consisting of 2 webinar Hours incl. Recorded Q&A Session.
Feline Medicine: Module 5
Full Module 5
10 Webinars about Neurology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Hematology, and Dermatology incl. Certification Option & Recorded Q&A Sessions. Receive 30 € Discount.
Feline Medicine Cert.
Full Online Program
Book the full Feline Medicine Program with 58 Webinars incl. Q&A Sessions' Recordings and receive 265 € discount & Advanced Certification Option!
Find out more about all webinars of the series
The Full Online Program in Feline Medicine is comprised of 58 webinars, which are divided into 5 modules. The webinars include the following topics:
Module 1Understanding Cats1) Cat friendly handling: From the cat's point of view, Dr. Scherk2) Cat friendly handling: Putting Purrspective into your practice, Dr. Scherk3) Cat friendly handling: Improving Client Compliance at home, Dr. Scherk
Preventive Health Care / Wellness4) Getting a meaningful history, Dr. Scherk5) How to work-up a case (SOAP), Dr. Scherk6) Life-Stage Wellness, Dr. Scherk7) Wellness Programs (First year of life, Senior screening), Dr. ScherkFeline Behaviour8) The Relevance of Behavioural Medicine to Feline Practice, Dr. Heath9) The Emotional Impact of Optimising the Feline Environment , Dr. Heath10) Common Behavioural Manifestations of Feline Emotional Distress, Dr. Heath
Module 2Nephrology and Lower Urinary Tract1) Understanding Feline Kidney Diseases: Old and New Thoughts, Dr. Scherk2) Lower Urinary Tract Health – Metabolism and Stress, Dr. Scherk3) Monitoring Hematuria to help manage Urinary Tract Health and Feline Welfare, Dr. Scherk
Nutrition4) Nutritional Needs for Felids, Dr. Chandler5) Nutritional Assessment – Developing a Feeding Plan, Dr. Chandler6) Obesity, Dr. Chandler7) Inappetence and Anorexia, Dr. Chandler8) Risks of Sarcopenia and Cachexia, Dr. ChandlerGastro-Intestinal System9) Chronic Feline Diarrhea: A frustrating Dilemma, Dr. Scherk10) Managing Constipation and Megacolon: Relieving a Hard Problem, Dr. Scherk11) Update in Feline Enteropathies, Dr. Scherk12) Cholecystitis, Biliary Tract Diseases, Dr. Scherk13) Liver (Lipidosis, Cholangitis), Dr. Scherk14) Pancreatitis, Dr. Scherk
Module 3Infectious Diseases1) Infectious Diseases 1, Prof. Lappin2) Infectious Diseases 2, Prof. Lappin3) Infectious Diseases 3, Prof. Lappin4) Infectious Diseases 4, Prof. LappinFeline Cardiology5) Cardiology 1, Dr. Estrada6) Cardiology 2, Dr. EstradaFeline Dentistry7) Inflammatory Oral Diseases: caudal stomatitis, periodontal disease, EGC, Dr. Gawor8) Dental diseases: TR, pulp diseases, malocclusion, trauma, FOPS., Dr. TuttPulmonary Diseases
9) Bronchopulmonary Disease in Cats - Asthma and Acute Respiratory Distress, Dr. Scherk10) Snots & Snuffles: Chronic Feline Upper Respiratory Syndromes, Dr. Scherk
11) Feline Diabetes Update: Insights in Diagnosis and Management 1, Dr. Scherk12) Feline Diabetes Update: Insights in Diagnosis and Management 2, Dr. Scherk13) Feline Hyperthyroidism Update: Managing Complicated Cases, Dr. Scherk14) What you should know about Hypothyroidism and Hyperaldosteronism in Cats, Dr. Scherk
Module 4Musculoskeletal Disease & Surgery1) Orthopedic Examination, Prof. Langley-Hobbs2) Musculoskeletal Disease: OA, DJD, Prof. Langley-Hobbs3) Soft Tissue Surgery, Prof. DupréAnaesthesiology and Pain Management4) Anesthesiology, Dr. Robertson5) Acute Pain Management, Dr. Robertson6) Chronic Pain Management, Dr. Robertson7) Neuropathic Pain Management, Dr. RobertsonEmergency and Critical Care8) Emergency and Critical Care 1: Triage, Dr. Sigrist9) Emergency and Critical Care 2: Approach to Common Emergency Case, Dr. Sigrist10) Emergency and Critical Care 3: Feline Fluid Therapy, Dr. Sigrist
Module 5Neurology1) Mental status and Cranial Nerves: Neurological Examination, Dr. Parent2) Gait & Posture, Postural Reactions, Spinal Reflexes: Neurological Examination, Dr. ParentOncology3) Oncology 1, Dr. Musser4) Oncology 2, Dr. MusserOphthalmology5) Best Practices for Feline Ophthalmic Examination, Dr. Eaton6) Most Common Ophthalmic Diseases in Cats, Dr. EatonDermatology
7) Feline Dermatology 1, Dr. Böhm8) Feline Dermatology 2, Dr. BöhmHematology
9) Hematology, Dr. Musil
10) Clinical Pathology and Lab Diagnosis, Dr. Guldner