Lula, 1 year old neutered, female Domestic Shorthair with Facial Pruritis
Join Dr. Patel in diagnosing a patient like Lula, performing testing and how to manage and treat the case once you have reached your conclusion to provide the best treatment to the animal in questions.
Study Time / CPD15 min
Access Duration3 days
What you are going to learn
A few more words about this course
Lula, a 1-Year and 3-Month-Old Female Neutered Domestic Shorthair Cat. Lula developed facial pruritis, which was mainly head and neck distribution. Dr. Patel will guide you on how to diagnose a patient like Lula, perform testing and how to manage and treat the case once you have reached your conclusion to provide the best treatment to the animal in questions.
You will learn:
Analyzing case history
Analyzing clinical signs
Analyzing test results
Approaching proper treatment from a conclusive diagnosis
Meet the Instructor
Dr. Anita Patel
BVM, DVD, MRCVS, RCVS
Surrey, United Kingdom
- 1981 Graduate from University of Nairobi, Kenya
- 1982 Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons by examination
- 1993 RCVS Certificate in Small animal dermatology
- 2002 RCVS Diploma in Veterinary Dermatology following a part time residency at the Royal Veterinary College under mentorship of Professor David Lloyd
- 2004 Recognised as a Specialist in the field of Veterinary Dermatology
Anita runs a busy dermatology referral service out of 4 clinics in London and the South East of England and lectures both in the UK and internationally. Before setting-up her referral practice she both owned and worked in, small animal practices. She co-authored a case-based text book on small animal dermatology in the “Saunders solutions in veterinary practice” series and chapters in various other dermatology text books. She publishes papers in refereed and peer reviewed journals and is actively involved in all aspects of dermatology.